I cannot believe it-- but it's 63 degrees and raining on a May morning here in Peoria Az. Unheard of weather. Cool and pretty. We are usually much hotter and dry by now in the year. I am so not complaining.
It's been a busy week again (aren't they all anymore?). I have been reading interesting articles and taking a few photos so I have some "likes" to share with you:
1. Yoga Joe's. https://www.sadanduseless.com/do-yoga-not-war/#more-71620 Cute and helpful!
I have to thank Sally Hurley for the link to this unusual website.
2. My daughter's garden.
This is her first vegetable garden in that wood lined bed in the middle of her backyard! Things are growing crazy. I'm so happy for her after the hard work setting it up a month ago.
3. Sunscreen article showing the dangers of using sunscreen. https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/06/health/sunscreen-bloodstream-fda-study/index.html
Do not misunderstand-I use sunscreen when in the sun, but I avoid going into the sun as much as possible and wash my skin immediately after going back inside. I have never liked the idea of putting those chemicals on my skin. I've been wondering all these years when they would tell us : it's killing us. Just sayin.
Kim at Home and Family tv show gave instructions for an "all natural" sunscreen but how do they really know it works?
4. Rotisserie chicken from Sam's Club.
Less than $5- very few ingredients (half of the verbage on the label is instructions) and no soy.
4 cups of cooked, cut up chicken= 3 meals worth in the freezer plus chicken salad made in 30 minutes. DONE. This was so cool.
5. Interview with The Tattooed Quilter- Christoper Thompson) in his apartment in New York City. https://www.facebook.com/RileyBlakeDesigns/videos/824476641272202/
I hope this link to the video works! If not, go to Facebook and search Riley Blake Designs for the interview.
I enjoyed this video so much. He is so talented and fun to watch!
6. My birthday celebration over several days- My son and DIL took me to the Vogue Bistro for dinner Friday night in Surprise, Az. which was soooo good. Then my daughter had 4 birthdays combined at her house on Sunday for Mexican food which we all gorged on.
7. Mother's Day at Safeway.
I thought I got a great photo there- I especially like the toilet paper in the background.
Hope you enjoyed this week's "likes" and join us for more at Lee Anna's site: Not Afraid of Color.
Have a great week! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms.