Monday, May 13, 2019

Things I Like Thursdays May 16

Greetings!

So far, we are having a real Spring- we are shocked and happy. Here is a list of my "likes" for this week:

1. Naked Bee Lotion.


I only see this in Scrapbook or Quilt shops. Weird.  But, I got it as a gift for my daughter . It  smells WONDERFUL and is a little pricey for hand lotion but feels good.

2.  The Girl Who Came Home book.



I really enjoyed this book. It's the fact and fiction account of Irish immigrants aboard the Titanic-some of which survived.

3.  The Last Romantics book.


This is a good story about family life, love and death. It was recommended by Jenna Bush on the Today show.

4.  New clothes from Christopher and Banks.


 It has been my favorite clothing store for many years but I haven't shopped there much since I retired 3 years ago.  It seems more expensive than Walmart, Target or Kohl's, but Christopher and Banks has  great sales,  the same size always fits and the clothing  is better made than other stores'clothing.  I do not like to shop or try on clothes-I'm usually depressed when I'm done or "settle" for the next best fit or style.  But, most of my tops and pants do not fit and need to go.  I certainly do not need "dress up" clothes so I went for pretty and casual.  With the generosity of my son's gift card, I was able to purchase 6 tops and 2 capris for $130.  Unbelievable.  What a fun day to find all that and they still fit after washing. I just won't use the dryer. I recommend them highly.

5. Home Depot garden center. 

I usually forget to take photos when I'm out, but these caught my eye and I actually paused.


These tomato cages were just so pretty-like trees.


Zonal Geraniums.  For years here, we only planted geraniums in the Fall cause it was too hot in Summer. Now they have them available for summer blooms. so  cool.

But, I caved on this pre-potted plant:

A Petunias and Calibrachoa Hybrid. I got rid of my large collection of pots for plants because it's just too hard on my back dealing with soil, moving pots etc.  This was all done for me and I hope they last through the heat.

Well that's what has made me happy.  How about you?  Please join us at LeeAnna's sit:Not Afraid of Color for more "likes'.

Have a great week!
mary

UPDATE!  I accidentlly hit the "publish" button on Monday when I started this post-sorry.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! I love that hand lotion as well and have only seen it in quilt shops. Although, I could see Amazon carrying it - I haven't checked. Christopher and Banks - I love their clothes as well. What a great deal you scored plus it's a fabulous Mother's Day present that you certainly like since you picked them out! And colored tomato cages?!!! I'll have to remember to pick up a few just for fun. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of those fluorescent tomato cages--Home Depot is my favorite stop for plants; I have had really good luck with those I've gotten there...i need to get my geraniums and something for my two humming birds to eat...they are very disappointed that my husband's
    red ladder isn't food!! lol hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great likes, love the tomato cages. Hooray for finding clothes on sale that you like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love book recommendations - I'll have to check out both of your books! Christopher and Banks has always been a favorite place of mine to shop, too, especially the sale racks. I'll have to tell my mom about the geraniums - she loves them, but doesn't usually have any this time of year. Happy Thursday, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the book suggestions...always appreciated. Wonderful photo of the tomato cages with the sunshine rays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, lotion that smells like chai? I generally like unscented stuff, but I bet that is heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great score on clothes acquisition

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need two cages... if it ever stops snowing that is. Both books sound great, I need a good hand lotion... cracked skin again...
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete