Thursday, April 18, 2019

Things i like Thursday Apr 18

Greetings!

Here is my list of "likes" for this week.  Please join us at Lee Anna's site for more:Not Afraid of Color

1. Spring Flowers bouquet from Safeway.  I was feeling a little down and splurged on some flowers for me.  It worked.  Love this $10 bouquet. :


How can you not love these colors?  Carnations, roses, daisies and other stuff (I have no idea).
This is the first Spring in many years where I have not planted outside so guess I was starving for these lovelies.

2.  Facebook Quilting Groups to follow. Sometimes I just need to "chill" after a lot of chores, drama, etc so I found 2 Facebook groups that are fun to join and  just get lost in: Weekend Quilter and Quilting with Precuts.   I seldom post on Facebook and don't use Messenger but it's fun to see what other people quilt.

3.  Steph Curry and the Golden State Warriors NBA team.  They are just so exciting to watch and Steph is just the best -on and off the court.  I've been watching them about 3 years as opposed to our local Phoenix Suns and it's way more fun.  The playoffs started Saturday night and we won.

4. Les Miserable started Sunday night on PBS!--  A new 6 part version of my favorite book and film (Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway).   I went to see the film when it came out and balled like a baby in several parts and I watch it on my DVR.   I also saw the Broadway musical version here at Gammage  and loved it. The music is outstanding.

 PBS has such great actors in their series which means  I'm looking forward to this drama (not a musical) which I have taped to watch at my leisure.  Ain't technology grand?

5.  My daughter's surgery went well and she is healing nicely. She was able to do outpatient and is home which is the best way to really rest.

6.  Easter Bags for the three youngest grandkids







They each contained a stuffed  Easter bunny. Thank goodness for free printables on Pinterest!


I'm pleased I can think of good things while not obsessing about the medical stuff in my life. Never a dull moment.

Hope this week is a blessed one for all. Thanks for stopping by and saying "Hi".
mary😄

11 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! What a cute idea instead of Easter baskets. I love Thomas' cute saying. I'm glad surgery went well for your daughter, and that Spring bouquet couldn't help but brighten your day and week. I'll have to check out those FB groups as they both sound interesting. And finally, our Milwaukee Bucks are in the playoffs too. I'm not too much into basketball (such a LONG season it seems) but it is fun to have them winning in the new billion dollar(s) forum we built for them. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers and FB quilting groups are awesome. Love the printables, too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning, Mary ... those flowers and goodie bags are so pretty and happy. Thank you for brightening my day. I just joined the Weekend Quilters Group on FB. They have good rules to live and sew by ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your daughter's surgery went well. The flowers are so pretty! And I love those bags, so cute. Hope you have a wonderfully Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are so pretty, Mary! Fresh blooming flowers really do make a difference just when you need it, don't they?! Glad your daughter is doing well, too. Cute bags for your grandkids - they will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such adorable bags and what a clever grandma to print those cute pictures! Your bouquet is gorgeous and I too belong to several facebook groups for stitching. Loads of inspiration to be found there.
    Hope everyone is feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers and sweet bags!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bouquet of pink flowers....I hope you have a Happy Easter...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty flowers! Huzzah for your daughter's successful surgery. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers are so pretty! What a cheerful springy bouquet. I love the Easter bags too- I love the free printables- they're so much fun. Every year I pick out new ones for Christmas gift tags, there are so many great ones out there. I'm glad your daughter's surgery went well and I hope you have a good week! Don't get too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooo what a pretty, delicate bouquet. I need some flowers! those bags are so funny! I'm glad you found some diversions in FB and I taped Les Mis but only watched a few minutes. It was so well done, I knew my husband would want to see it too.

    ReplyDelete