Wednesday, February 13, 2019

I like Thursdays Feb 14

Greetings!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

I hope and pray you are being loved!
Already, we have finished another week. I have been very busy and can't wait to share my "likes" with you:


1.  Laser- cut, iron- on fabric letters.  Happy Birthday Silhouettes from Laundry Basket Quilts.


I have been wanting to make my daughter a pennant she can hang for various birthdays instead of the  paper ones and this will fit the bill perfectly.  Now I just need time to make the pennants.  These look like they are batiks!

2.  Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice cream.

I finally broke down and used my Cuisinart Ice cream maker that I used to use all the time.  Dairy free ice cream at the store averages $5 per pint! I love ice cream but that's a crazy price so I went to  mydarlingvegan.com for the recipe.  It was  good; plus, I know what the ingredients are and I can make it at a lesser cost.

3. Tokyo Train Ride Quilt for Paradise. I finally finished the first quilt for Paradise victims.



Tokyo Train Ride was started years ago made of fabric from Cotton and Steel.




It was one of the few times I purchased a bundle of fat quarters.  But, I just loved the prints.  The sashing is a very dark green.  I backed it with a black on black small flower print and a gray binding. It measured 42 x 57. I forgot to take more photos when it was done.

4.  Winter Quilt for Paradise.
These coin columns were leftovers from my other Welcome Winter quilt and I added side borders of a light blue snowflake print from the stash.
Snowmen and bird houses- very cute.
It's 43 x 40.




I pieced the backing from various stash prints.


These 2 quilts were wrapped, boxed and donated to Paradise victims  in California -finally. Luckily it's still winter !


5.  A split Dresden table topper.



I found these left over , split- Dresden pieces in a bag while cleaning out a stash drawer .  I stopped everything and thru this together in an afternoon.  That felt good instead of moving it around in the drawer.  I don't know what possessed me to grab the lavender background but I love this contrast. It's a 15 inch square.   For now, I just put it on the wall to admire.  hee hee.


I got two WIPS done this week so I feel like I've accomplished a lot. I think there's only 3 left- I still need to  find them and see what more I can get done before starting a new project. I also want to find time to rearrange my stash. Yeah, right.

I hope you are having a "lovely" day.  Please join us at Lee Anna's blog for more "likes':Not Afraid of Color


mary💖



13 comments:

  1. I love your quilts! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! What cute quilts for Paradise! They will really be enjoyed and doesn't it feel great to have them finished? Your ice cream looks fabulous and delicious. It kind of boggles the mind that you can make dairy-free ice cream, but I'm glad it's possible. I also love your split-Dresden hanging - those greens and teals really pop on the purple. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your two quilts turned out great. I especially like the winter one, but it is winter here in Colorado, so I guess that makes sense! Thanks for mentioned the letters. I popped over to that shop's site and it looks very interesting. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the split dresden, what a great idea! The ice cream looks even better... I like the idea of few ingredients and no preservatives. Also love the coconut flavor. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeeAnna. I've been trying to eat healthier (less processed foods) but the cooking time takes away from sewing time so there's that. heehee

      Delete
  5. The ice cream looks yummy...thanks for sharing the recipe website. I like all your quilt finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, your quilts are wonderful! Lovely donations for Paradise! I love the split Dresden, too - hanging it on the wall sounds perfect. Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Valentine's Day! Oh, that ice cream does look good and yes, the dairy-free options in the store are super expensive (not an issue here but I've noticed it before). Love the colors in your table topper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go with getting those quilts finished and I like that lavender with those colours. I think it works well. Love the Coins quilt too in those soft blues. I've never made ice cream and yours sounds like something else I would love! I also never saw those applique letters from Laundry Basket quilts...so many things to like in this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jocelyn. I was so surprised with the lavender and green-would like to use those colors in a big quilt. I found the letters by accident! Someone posted a quilt they made where they used Edyta's laser cut fusibles. I went-- what? I ordered the fusibles that day! They arrived in 2 days and I'm so pleased with them.

      Delete
  9. Pretty quilts! Those letters are really neat - such pretty colors and shape. That ice cream looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep thinking I want an ice cream maker. Yours looks awesome. Great quilts and the letters are a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Homemade ice-cream sounds so very tempting. But he Dresden Plate is so much yummier :-) Your quilts will warm the heart and comfort the soul.

    ReplyDelete