Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Things I like Thursdays Jul 19

Greetings!

Hope everyone is keeping cool.  This has been a crazy summer of weather for sure. We are in the throes of monsoon here so the humidity is high which is playing havoc on my breathing.  But, I have several "likes" to share with you this week:

1. My new DASH machine.  So I went to Bed Bath and Beyond for a weight scale on sale and ended up with this little 4 inch electric griddle.  I can cook an egg on it, a large chocolate chip cookie, grilled cheese English muffin, etc.  But, what I wanted it for is making small Parmesan cheese snacks.

Yes, another kitchen appliance, but I've used this several times already in just a few days. And, no turning the oven on to heat up the house!  Here's a photo of my Parm chips:
Just fresh grated Parmesan cheese-cooked in a minute.  I also made some combined with cheddar but I liked the Parm better.
I ate more than I stored in an air- tight container for snacks later. They are about 50 calories with 4 grams protein. They are a little chewy but good.

2. My Lulu Lane finished quilt.

It's 57 x 57 inches made with  the Charms on Point pattern from MSQC. here's the backing:
Doesn't it look like a pieced backing?  It's from MSQC (on a great sale) called Spring Bunny Fun by Stacy lest Hsu for Moda.  I wish I purchased more of this fabric. This will probably be a donation quilt 'cause it'so cheery.

3. Egg roll in a bowl. This recipe can be found at tiphero.com .  So, so easy-basically browned pork sausage with shredded cabbage mix and a simple Asian sauce. Just like the insides of an egg roll.


This was so good I ate it right out of the pot! I love Chinese food but can't have soy sauce;  so I made my sauce with the substitute Coco Aminos which turned out perfect.

My health is gradually improving so I'm back to sewing and enjoying my days more.  I couldn't care for my grandson for a month.  Next week I return to taking care of my him  3 days a week, so I'll be busy.  Luckily, he is a joy to tutor and play with. I can't believe he starts high school in 3 weeks! This will be such a dramatic change in his life.  I will be meeting him after school at home this year for the first time, so that will be new also. Life is always changing. ( I'm so grateful for a good lung doctor and meds to improve my breathing). Life is good.

I hope you will join us at Lee Anna's post: Not Afraid of Color for more "likes" which we  need to affirm during these really disturbing times in our American history. I'll just leave that there for now.

Anyway, all of you have a great day and please leave comments - as I enjoy them!
mary😏






6 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! Oh my, that egg roll in a bowl looks fabulously delicious. I am going to look that up - I love Chinese food and we rarely ever have it. Your parmesan crisps look great too, and that little gadget to make them looks rather handy. I'll have to remember that. I am so glad to hear you are doing better with your lungs. And only three weeks until the start of school - holy moly! Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is so pretty, and looks like you found the perfect backing for it, too! The Eggroll in Bowl looks delicious! I'm going to have to try it. Glad you're getting better and can spend more time with your grandson now. Happy Thursday, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egg roll in a bowl looks delicious. That Dash is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so appreciate you!
    I'm going to go find cocoaminos right now. I'm allergic/sensitive to soy and never knew what to sub for it!

    I know you're sensitive to the state of the union like I am, and appreciate your ability to remain positive! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post Mary and I am so happy to hear you are gradually feeling better and better-that is the best news this week. Now you know I am fond of small appliances so I was interested in your new one. I would love those chips and i can think of many things to make with such a cute plug in. Your eggroll mixture looks so good..I love pork and cabbage together but never thought of trying it like that. I also didn't know there was a substitute for soy sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jocelyn. I hope you find the DASH machine. Yesterday, I took premade chocolate chip cookie dough and pt come on the machine and had a delicious cookie 5 minutes later! So cool. I found the Coco Aminos at Sprouts here so you may need to check Amazon or online. Enjoy! mary

      Delete