It's been a crazy week. I don't know where the week went. I spent the weekend catching up on house chores after being gone all week to grandson's house. Then Monday I tried to finish some blocks for my newest donation quilt made from 30's prints. Tuesday was the doctor visit of results of my brother's prostate biopsy (ok for now) which took 3 hours counting travel time when it's only 8 miles from our home and Wednesday to my new sewing group. Whew. I need a nap.
But, I do have some "likes" for this week:
1. My new sewing group which meets on Wednesdays. As mentioned above, I found a sewing group at the local library on Wednesdays. It is only 1 mile from my home, the ladies meet from approximately 9:30 A.M. -1 PM. I can work on anything I desire-sewing, knitting, embroidery, etc.
There are sewing machines, notions, fabric scraps, tools, cutting boards, iron, all for anyone's use. Except for using their sewing machine and iron, I'll bring my own "stuff". It will be wonderful to not lift my machine several times in one day while my back has been acting up and a pulled muscle in my forearm. It's a pretty and big room-all in the library. No classes, expectations- just a social time. And, free. And, the librarians are also crafters.
I've met some nice ladies and hope this is just what I've been needing, but not aware of until I found it by accident. Life is crazy.
2. Thirty's Print blocks.
3. My new pants project. I wanted to see if I could make 100% cotton pants for the summer. Many (40) years ago I made my own clothes but I now don't enjoy it as much as quilting. But, I've shopped in the stores for pants and can't find what I need:
4. The Blue Angels. There is an air force base about 5-10 miles from my home. It had an air show, but unfortunately, I couldn't attend. Love those shows.
So, I was sewing in my bedroom and the engines were getting louder so I looked out my patio and this is what I saw and was able to get on my iphone VERY quickly:
I was like a little kid running back and forth from the front yard to the back for half an hour. Those pilots are just so talented. I hope you can see just how close that one group of jets are to each other.
5. Cleaning out my clothes closet. I know, pitiful. But, for me being organized rests my soul. For many years I've changed out my clothes twice a year-spring vs fall.
Last year, I decided to just leave everything hanging up in the closet because I just didn't want to pack away the winter clothes.
It's not like I have hundreds of clothes, but I have not liked having to move things around that I won't wear for at least 6 months so I can get to what I need. So, this week I packed away the winter clothes and I'm so glad I did. It's also a good time to pack up items I no longer wear to take out for donation. I'm much happier now when I open the closet. It's the little things.
6. PBS' "Call the Midwife". I know, I'm late to the party on this one. There was literally nothing on tv the other night so I decided to try watching this show because PBS has such great shows. I loved it ! I didn't know it took place in the 60's which I can identify with. I was a teenager then. Now, I have to catch up on previous seasons.
Well, time to start getting chores done for the day but hope everyone has a blessed holiday week. Please join us at Lee Anna's post:Not Afraid of Color for other "likes".
Thanks for dropping by. I love seeing your comments!