Wednesday, March 7, 2018

i LIKE THURSDAYS MAR 8

Greetings!

Spring is in the air and I'm feeling better with a clean bunch of tests from the urologist. Thanks be to God.

So, on that note , here is my list of likes for this week:

1.  A new blog:multicoloredpieces by Nadia . I found it accidentally and just enjoyed her take on life. Hope you like it too. It's very different but this artist is so talented.

2. This Joyful poster from Laura at Decor to Adore. :


I just needed the pretty flowers with these particular reminders from Romans.

3. Keeping my wish to attend church more often. I find that just sitting there focusing on what is good and right with my world while I'm  thankful restores my soul. I don't know why I find myself so busy with other things on church day. . Granted, I usually have my grandson here at my home on the weekend, but I could go more when he's not here.  I'm human.

4. These photos taken with just my iphone while strolling through Rio Vista park :


The ducks are so sweet.


This  tree is already in full bloom.  I think it's a Palo Verde.

The Veterans Vietnam Memorial with an actual helicopter hanging in the air.  I saw some veterans  hangin out there and was pleased.

The city of Peoria gave our servicemen and women  a nice memorial.

I hope you enjoyed this glimpse of my life this past week.  I only sewed a little so hopefully I will accomplish more in that area this next week.  It's hard to stay inside and sew when it's in the 80's right now.  In another month or so it will be too hot for me to go outside. I can't believe it!

Please join us at Le Anna's site:Not Afraid of Color  for more likes from our fun group.
Have a blessed day.
mary





9 comments:

  1. Hi Mary,
    I do enjoy seeing a glimpse into your life last week very much! That tree is gorgeous and oh to see the ducks swimming about. I have noticed I hear more birds when I step out after work. They are happily chirping away! That a lovely park and nice memorial for all servicemen and women. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad your reports were good! Spring is springing up for you... yea! I did see the very tip of a tulip leaf near the sidewalk this week. In some yard not near me but still. hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm envious of your nice comfortable heat right now. Fresh snow again this morning but happy it is not the big nor'easter out east ways.
    When I used to go to church I remember feeling the music or words inspiring. I've fallen by the wayside in that regard.
    That memorial is amazing, as it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah... all good stuff. And how nice to have a tree in bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a beautiful park, Mary! It reminds me of one near my mom's home in Mesa. So many birds there - we enjoy walking and looking. Thanks for sharing the interesting blog you found, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah - you're in the Southwest - though you were in that other Peoria. A thanksgiving prayer was said for your good lab results. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you got good results from the urologists! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a pretty cool veterans memorial! And I hope you enjoy going to church more! Something that helped me was joining a group that more or less relied on me to be there (the choir) and then I found it was harder to skip. It's actually pretty obvious (and sad) how much my attendance drops in the summer when the choir doesn't sing! I love being there though, so it's nice to have an extra motivating factor. Is there a Sunday School? I'm not sure how old your grandson is, but my niece (who is only 5) likes to go to the Sunday school at my church when she's visiting, so you might consider that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a helicopter on a pedestal too at our nearby memorial park. I agree what is it about Sunday. You struggle to get going, out the door, to Sunday School and church on time. It is usually the morning everything goes wrong.

    ReplyDelete