Hope you are enjoying spring. It's that time in the week for a concerted effort to actually write down things that I like! This is such a great exercise. Thank you to Lee Anna at NOT AFRAID OF COLOR for allowing us all to take part in this positive energy.
Here we go:
1. Avocado toast for breakfast. Just avocado, mayo, salt and pepper. I buy these little mini's that are just avocado - no other stuff like guac. I have the worst time buying fresh avocado, judging the ripyness correctly etc.etc.etc. Or, maybe I don't want avocado for a few days and end up throwing it out. This is so more convenient and just about 4 Tablespoons worth in each serving. I hope everyone has these available in your area.
2. Art that moves me. I love going to the Phoenix Art Museum and do not go often enough. I am in awe of any artist but some just take my breath away. When I started to quilt 5 years ago I did not know how artistic I could become. Now, my own art moves me -occasionally.
3. The Voice on NBC. I love music, so this was an easy choice, but it's the format and judges that make the show. We look forward to a happy tv show when other channels keep running bad news-real or imagined.
4. Seeds for Autism. This is a program that provides jobs for adults with autism when the unemployment rate for these adults is 85%! We found an outlet for them at our local nursery, Summerwinds , in Glendale, Az.
I purchased zinnia seeds, small pot, and a garden butterfly. I then found another of their displays with small plants and tools, so I purchased a "coffee arabica" plant.
4. Holiday table runners. This is one for Easter :
Here's a close-up of the center applique:
I didn't have a pattern, just started putting scraps together. Such fun. I no longer have a rectangle table so I put this on my hope chest instead!
Well, guess these are my favorites for this week. Hope you get a chance to see everyone's list at Lee Anna's post.