Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Things I like Thursdays Mar 21

Greetings!

This will be a short and sweet post  as I am trying to squeeze this in before my grandson arrives for breakfast.  It's been a busy week and spring is definitely here!  He is on spring break and staying  here during the day so I'm wiped out at night and everything else is on hold.  But oh what fun he is!


Here is a list of my likes:


1. Spring is here!  It was 88 yesterday but it  will cool down to 83 today!  LOL  We were outside for an hour and got some sun. YAY!  Unfortunately,  it will be a hundred by Easter. Gag  So, you can see we need to take advantage of this  short period.  We like to say we don't get Spring here, but it's all relative.

2.  Lady Bugs and Charms quilt top is done.  This is one for the group in Canada and that group  will do the batting, backing to finish. The quilts will then be given to cancer patients in chemo, etc.:



I have a lot of "leftover" charms from projects ( I have a lot of charms period) and paired them with Bella Solid white charms for this project.  Then I added a very cute ladybug border from stash fabric.  I had a little over a yard and it was perfect for a 7 inch border on the sides and 3.5 inch border for top and bottom.  It's 50 x 70 as per the quilt group's request.  When I get another one done , I'll mail them to Canada for the Hands2help challenge.   I cannot believe how fun it was to make just the top! No worries on cutting batting and backing, not to mention the quilting!

3.my new TEXT IT book has arrived.  Someone mentioned it on the internet and I ordered it because I have difficulty making alphabet letters:




Aren't those pillows adorable? There are patterns inside and sample alphabet letters.

4.  Paper Mate mechanical pencils.  These have been my favorite for years.  They are light, always sharp and last a good while:




They are disposable so not every one would be interested in them.  Just sayin before somebody gives me grief.  I purchased them and the book above thru Amazon.

5. Drug allergic reaction article for your viewing pleasure.  Not really, it's a little scary: drugs with food allergins
I'm allergic to so many things but didn't realize how many food allergins are in drugs we are prescribed or even in the ones over the counter.  Hope this helps someone.


Well peeps, gotta run.  Enjoy your week and don't forget to join us at Lee Anna's post:Not Afraid of Color

mary

12 comments:

  1. Great likes! Your book looks interesting! I LOVE your quilt top! It's so nice and springy!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! I hope you are just having a blast with your grandson. I know you are! Dominic stopped over for 15 minutes last night - he had to get shots and needed some spoiling. When they left we were both pooped - it's like his energy just sucks the life out of us. We had to giggle at how tired we were and decided that's why young folks have babies, and that we can just handle babysitting! Love your quilt for H2H. I'm still trying to figure out what pattern and fabric to use. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a good week and a good breakfast with your son! I love those mechanical pencils too- I never think to buy them, but they're the ones my choir director always uses and sometimes we get to borrow them. Enjoy your spring! I'll keep my fingers crossed it lasts as long as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy your time with your grandson. Your weather sounds wonderful to me (even the heat of your summer, my kind of stuff). Beautiful quilt. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather sounds fantastic to me...we have 40's with rain-snow today. I like the idea of just making the top and sending it off for someone else to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're enjoying good weather and special time with your grandson, Mary! I hope it doesn't heat up too fast. I always tell my husband (who hates winter) that it doesn't matter where you live, there are times of the year when it's miserable! Your charm quilt is adorable - I love how a quilt made of precut squares can go together so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, enjoy your spring while you can. Envious reading about that but it poured rain all night and the snow took quite a beating here. I think it wonderful that you donated that sweet quilt top and you are so right, it is the quilting of them that gets me down. I too looked after grandson while on spring break. Tiring but rewarding as we say. Doing our best, heh, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Spring is relative! If you are tired at the end of the day, does than mean you get sleep? I've been waking every two hours for weeks and I'm so tired!!!
    I have lots of food allergies so I better buck up and read that article... oy vey
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No- I am not sleeping well and it's making me tired. In fact, I upped my breathing treatments yesterday because my outside allergies are starting again which affects my breathing. It's something all the time.

      Delete
  9. I love the colors of your quilt. That is a cool think you're doing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 88! Goodness, that's a hot way to start spring! I love mechanical pencils. :-)

    ReplyDelete