Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Things I like Thursday Nov 8

Greetings!

I hope everyone has had a great week.  mine was busy as usual with life events so I only have a few" likes" to post but please join us at Lee Anna's sight for much more:Not Afraid of Color.

1.  2018 RSC COLOR QUILT TOP:
This is a 3/4 year's worth of making blocks and I'm glad to have it off the design wall.  It's an unusual layout and a great use of color as well as scraps. But, I'm not sure if I'll make another.  I haven't started sewing Christmas gifts yet, so I'll have to wait till after the first of the year to find a backing and finish it.

2. End of the midterm election.  I'm pleased the Democrats changed the House of Representatives but wish the Senate had been changed as well.  We have been bombarded with election mail and television commercials and will not miss that at all. SMH

3. Answers to prayers. Of course, that's a no- brainer, but we did receive some good news yesterday on my brother's health which I had fervently prayed for, so I am really grateful.  Sometimes, we take things for granted.

4. Homemade chicken soup in 10 minutes. I used canned chicken (chopped) , chicken broth, lemon pepper seasoning, a little s and p ,  frozen mirepoix and sliced sweet peppers (chopped), 1/2 c macaroni and several dashes of the faux soy (amino acids) and poof= chicken soup in 10 minutes.  It was so easy and good. It's nice to have comfort food with our cooler weather.

Have a wonderful week!
mary


13 comments:

  1. Oh, Mary, I love your RSC quilt! That turned out beautifully! I've liked those blocks ever since you first showed them - I have to put them on my list to try. Your soup sounds great! I love soup, and anything easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really REALLY like the quilt. The quick soup is like a little miracle of simplicity and goodness. And good that your brother is better. I hope you are too, and love your post! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeeAnna-I'll reply here since you are a no reply on the email. I was surprised how those yellow and blue colors go well together. Have a great day! mary

      Delete
  3. It's the time of year for soup. Interesting quilt - I like your block design. I'm glad of the good news with your brother's health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had good news on your brother!!! And I'm with you on being grateful the elections are over (and that we flipped the house). Your quilt is lovely- lots of really fabulous color combinations. I think my favorites are the yellow with blue centers, but they're all fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your Brother received good news. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Soup is always good when the weather turns cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is lovely--love the blocks...I especially like the blues (lower left) with that spark of orange...nice work hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary! What a beautiful quilt. I love the layout - it looks so wonderful and pleasing to the eye. I'm happy to hear about the good news for your brother. And I'm very thankful that the election is behind us (and that the worst governor has been booted out in our state - good riddance). Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great RSC quilt. I have too many possible future RSC projects, but yours may get added to the list. I'm also glad the election is over and that the House flipped, but I don't think it's going to make any difference. The acrimony will go on. Good news about your brother.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilt. I agree I am happy the election is over too. Answers to prayers! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems like this was a busier week for quite a few people. Pretty quilt, I really like the colors! Yes, I'm so happy the election is over...the ads were getting old (and the calls and the texts). Glad you got good news about your brother's health and your soup sounds wonderful. Hope you are enjoying the start of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is so cheerful! I"m with you on the politics and especially grateful the ads are over. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ilove your colourful quilt and using up scraps is the best. What a great recipe...broth is always soothing. What a hard fought election that one seemed to be. Glad you are happy with the outcome!

    ReplyDelete