Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Things I like Thursday Nov 15

Greetings!

Our prayers go out to the many residents of California who are living with those terrible fires. I can't even imagine what is happening there. I am in awe of the firefighters and volunteers who are giving themselves to help others. Very scary stuff but loving human beings.


In keeping with positive jibes for the week, please join us at Lee Anna's sight: Not Afraid of Color for more "likes" .

Here are just a few of mine;

1. Kyrsten Sinema, the first female senator for Az.  I may not agree with all her policies, but I am pleased she won the long awaited female Democrat seat for the senate. It took a week for all the votes to be counted. I think they were delivered by Pony Express.

2.My  Moon and Back finished book.
This was such an easy and fun project. It only took a couple of hours to complete.
Too cute. It's for my great granddaughter, Kynslee who will be 1 in January.

3. Funny Christmas Trees at the At Home store.
I especially liked the dress form ones. My daughter thought they were outrageous.

4. My Grinch shirt.
I finally went for a little Christmas shopping at Kohl's, saw this shirt and had to have it for the next day as we took Thomas to see the new Grinch movie.

The movie was great but the 25 MINUTES of trailers beforehand were loud, violent and inappropriate for small children. We almost walked out because they were so bad. Thomas screamed a few times but didn't want to leave.  Theater management should think about that before adding those trailers to the Grinch movie. A 3 year old behind us was screaming, also.

5.  Organizing my quilt patterns. I didn't count them but they fill (4) 2 inch binders. I get so many online for free. Unfortunately, I had several duplicates.  Haha- guess I really like them. I have many tutorials saved on my PC but it's so much easier to follow on paper when I'm actually cutting or sewing the blocks.

6. Cooler weather:
I cannot believe I get to wear a sweater!
 It's the little things.

Thanks for letting me share a small glimpse into my world. I  pray you all have a safe and fun week.
mary




12 comments:

  1. Hi Mary!! Oh, I love your Grinch shirt. Too cute and I love the Grinch - I'd like to see the new movie. Aww, too bad abut the trailers! Geez - think of your audience people. That's basic marketing 101. Yes, that AZ vote count was VERY slow and drawn out. Reminds me to the chad event in FL way back when. That is a huge change for AZ isn't it - Democrat and a woman at that? I don't really know but I think of it as a red state most often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right - it's the little things! Your Grinch shirt is great! That is too bad about the trailers being so awful at a kids' movie - someone wasn't paying attention to who the audience would be. What funny Christmas trees! I'll have to watch for them when we're at the home store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your glimpse into your world this morning,MAry. I've never seen Christmas trees like that. Amazing the creativity out there. What a perfect t shirt for the movie. Someone must have messed up to show such trailers before a kid's movie. Funny, I was organizing this week too and I do need to tackle my downloaded patterns. I need the paper to follow too. What a great great grandma you are!
    Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would have thought to use a dress form for a tree? So clever. Have a great weekend! mary

      Delete
  4. hooray for cooler weather! Do you realize four of us are showing Christmas trees today! I LOVE the ones you shared. I want the dress form for sure... do we have those stores here? Have to see. The santa tree is too fun!
    Have a good week my friend, and thanks for always sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee Anna- I hope you find an At Home store near you- they're a huge store with affordable prices. Have a great weekend! mary

      Delete
  5. Interesting Christmas trees. Cute book. Awe that is too bad about the movie all the trailers. LOL your shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny Christmas Trees! I agree about the Movie previews...too loud and sometimes show things I would not view myself, let alone a child.. I like the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Christmas trees are so funny! I'm such a traditionalist when it comes to trees at my house, yet the silver angel one is just making me smile!!! So glad it's finally cooling off for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Christmas trees! The dress ones are far out. I avoid anything Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but I had to chuckle at those trees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun Christmas trees! I wonder if my teenager would let me get away with sticking one of those in the basement gaming area. Wonder how they decide what previews to put with movies? Probably trying to pander to the parents but not a lot of common sense going on putting something scary in front of a kid's show. Hope you've had a great weekend so far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun post!!! I am going to check if the Grinch t-shirt is available online. And a big WOOHOO! for Sinema's election!!!

    ReplyDelete