Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Things I like Thursday Nov 22

Greetings!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the U.S!




My pillow from last year- it just makes me smile.
" Gobble till you wobble". 

Here are my "likes" for this week:


1.  Blooming Lavender plants in November.
This is what happens when you forget to water for over a week. Interesting but very pretty.  I have 3 pots like this that are 2 years old.

2. My new Oster 10 cup food processor


I have been looking at all sorts of food processors for months. The one I had was small and very old-it was a hand- me- down from my youngest brother at least 10 years ago and I hardly ever used it. I didn't want to spend much money on one cause I was afraid I wouldn't  use it enough to justify the purchase, but my thumbs hurt so much lately when doing food prep.  Plus, where would I store (conveniently) in my very small kitchen?  This was $44 at Target and a great purchase.  It can also  knead dough if I ever need to do that.  All the pieces store inside the cup. (thank you)

 I sliced 5 peeled potatoes in less than a minute!!! It actually scared me it was so fast and loud!

When I was done, I set it on a pretty, small table in the corner of the dining room and hopefully will make a pretty cover for it after the first of the year. My kitchen will no longer be acceptable for HGTV.  Ha ha

3.  Hallmark's new movie "Christmas Everlasting" on Nov 24th. (Check your local listing)  This is from Marie Bostwick's novel The Second Sister. I'll record it for when I'm totally wiped out, need a rest and have hot chocolate. What a gift. I record all their new movies.

I did sew, but the projects are not quite done, so I'll share next week after I take photos. Obviously, this is a crazy week plus I'm fighting allergies again. Ugh.


Please join us at Lee Anna's sight for more "likes": Not Afraid of Color.
Have a blessed day.
mary



7 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Mary! Your turkey pillow is so cute! Looks like a great food processor - I have a very old one that I should replace. That sounds like a great price. Thanks for the heads-up about the movie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the turkey is so so cute! I might need the oster... what do you do with it? See doesn't really matter, just seeing you use it makes me want one! Happy turkey day my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee Anna. Hope you had a wonderful day. We did but I'm tired today. probably a carbohydrate crash. Have a great day! mary

      Delete
  3. Your turkey is cute. I have been looking at a new food processor. I have a 20 year old cuisinart, and I think it is getting to the end of its life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vroom! Sliced potatoes. Excellent. :-) Pretty lavender. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, love your turkey cushion. I do the same thing...rethink and ponder whether I'll use some small appliance enough to warrant the price. That was a great price and will no doubt pay for itself in a little time. I have the Ninja "system" and it too is scarily fast with emolsifying just about anything.
    Dear Mary, hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jocelyn. I have not seen the Ninja system. I'll check it out. We had a great day at my daughter's. I begged her to get out her processor to slice and chop so many things but she didn't want to find it and clean it. I laughed! Have a great weekend. mary

      Delete