Here is my list of "likes" for today:
1. The Olympics. I like summer or winter celebrations with the personal stories of athletes and the families who have supported them in their herculean efforts to be the best in the world. Sometimes I feel lazy when I see what these young people have done to dedicate their life for this endeavor! I also enjoy new sports that have been added because our changes to our society. I'm interested to see how Shaun White does this year as I believe it's his 4th trip! He's fun to watch snowboarding.
It's unfortunate how expensive the buildings and productions for the Olympics have become , though. I watched a news report last night on the wasted buildings and venues after producing an Olympics. Crazy.
2. The Opening Ceremony for the Olympics. Artistry at it's best! For the last few years, I have been mesmerized with the designs, planning,and precision of the performers. It's also interesting to see how the cultures of the home city express their proud history and future plans.. I can't wait for Friday night's show. I pray everyone is safe based on the location and unfortunate situation with North Korea.
3. Our weather in the "winter". Okay, I know I complain for months in our summers because I can't go outside-- but right now, we are in the 80's everyday so I'm taking advantage of this. I'm walking every day, getting some vitamin D and just "chillin" enjoying the sights and sounds of nature. Very nice.
4. The Philadelphia Eagles. I confess I never watched them all football season but I sure appreciated them Sunday at the Super Bowl. I wasn't even sure I would watch the game but planned on having the tv on, watching halftime (I like Justin Timberlake) and some commercials. But I got hooked on the game! Most years, the game is boring. I really was happy they won. I enjoyed the upbeat halftime show and the respite from bad news everyday. I also have to say how much I enjoyed Eli Manning and Odell Beckham Jr's Dirty Dancing commercial. Hysterical. I've watched it again several times on the internet.
5. Elon Musk. What a courageous, innovative man. I've watched the Falcon Heavy rocket launch several times, just to see the return of the rocket boosters -STANDING UPRIGHT" ! Who was the person in the room who said "let's send the red convertible into space while we're at it"? Those meetings must be so fun.
This is the best photo for the year!
Sorry I don't have more photos today, just thoughts. I hope you found some likes in your week and please join us at LeeAnna's post Not Afraid of Color to see other "likes" from our group.
Have a blessed day!