Hope everyone is having a good Spring. Here is my list of "likes" for this week:
1. My daily journal. I started this journal in Jan and wasn't sure I would stick with it, but between memory issues some days and recording important events, it has proven to be a smart choice these 5 months later. I do recommend recording daily events that stand out as well as future important appointments. I don't record many feelings, just stand -out thoughts on the day.
2. My finished Knotting Hill top.
Somehow it looks regal. (maybe in time for the royal wedding?) I'm glad it's finished and now have a cream flowers-on-flowers for the back which hopefully will be sandwiched this summer. The blocks are from a "recipe book" by Moda. I don't have a clue how I will quilt it but I know it will not be fun since there are so many seams on the back! Ugh.
3. Discount Tire's free tire air pressure check.
I try to go to their facility each month to keep my tires checked. Especially in the awful summer heat, those guys come out in the sun and check my tire pressure while I sit in the car! I know it's a small service to other people but it's a big thing to me. I just wish gasoline stations still checked the fluids, etc.
4. Imitation vanilla flavoring . I know, how weird. But, I use a lot of vanilla and have used the real vanilla extract for many years. Recently I tried to purchase 1 ounce of the real thing and it was $8.00! That is SO not in my budget. I heard that there's a world wide shortage of vanilla due to a poor crop in Madagascar which produces 80% of the world's consumption of vanilla. Vanilla now costs $60 more per kilo than silver. HUH? What's this world coming to? Thank goodness we have the imitation flavoring with all the chemicals.
5. My snow peas harvest.
Sad. But, they are really tasty. I can pick about 5 a day so far. Maybe, there's a week or so left. Now that I know I can grow them from seed, maybe next year I'll grow more.
6. Britton Buchanan on The Voice. This 18 year old kid has such a cool voice and presence. We really enjoy The Voice not just for the performers, but the judges as well. These musical contest shows are such a welcome change to the daily news shows.
This is quite a mixed bag of "likes" but a fun look back at what makes me happy. Today, I hope to get some more sewing done before the house chores can no longer be ignored. (hee hee).
I hope you will join us at Lee Anna's post for more "likes" at Not Afraid of Color.
Have a wonderful day!