Wow-We 're barely through Hurricane Harvey now here comes Irma. I feel so bad for people living with these threats then dealing with the aftermath. My thoughts and prayers for everyone in these hurricane prone areas!
But, I have had some fun this past week, so here is a list of my "likes":
1. French Toast in a cup. Yes, that's what it says. I've been experimenting with this so here's a shot of the ingredients:
Microwaves vary . Mine is 1100 watts. So quick, easy and tasty.
I almost forgot to photo the result! Yummy.
2. Free gardening classes at my local Nursery. My favorite nursery is Summerwinds. If they are in your state, I recommend checking them out. The service is so helpful! My daughter and I went to one of their free fall planting classes and I actually took notes for a one hour class! Very informative on accurate soil, fertilizers etc for organic planting special to our area.
3. Starting to decorate our home for fall. I have placed all new quilts around but only have the decos out as I need to dust first. UGH. I do not like to dust but I must because of our allergies, so that will be the project this week. Aren't the pumpkins cute?
Here is a metal pumpkin I purchased 2 years ago for the front yard:
It has weathered well. I just need to wipe it off and find a spot outside. I use florist wire and tie it down underneath to a metal stand so we don't lose it in a storm.
4. I LIKE GOOGLE. For the third time in 9 years of ownership, a window "broke" (fell in the track) of my Ford Escape and I tried to tape it up till I can get to a dealership for repair of the motor inside that runs the window. The tape does not work so I googled a solution. Some quilters will recognize the "Gripper" used on rulers to cut fabric! I purchased this one
at the bath department of Home Depot. It's a suction cup handle with release buttons. Exactly like my "Gripper"! This has kept the window from moving for days so far. I am so happy.
5. Dinosaur Bones at Home Depot. You can't make this stuff up, people. This just semed so funny to me. I guess they were a Halloween display.
Only for rich folks.
6. Finishing one project this week. I have so many WIPS right now it's crazy. Here is my B&G table topper for Christmas:
It is 14 x 14 and the blocks are from the Moda Recipe book. The colors are more vibrant than what this photo shows. But it's cute and so so easy.
Well, I hope you enjoyed these looks and likes of my life and had a good week yourselves! Please join us at Not Afraid of Color for more "likes".
Have a great day! Stay Safe!