I hope ya'll have recuperated from turkey day here in the states and everyone is healthy and happy.
Here are my likes for this week:
1. Selling my wares at the local craft sale. This was a small community center here in Peoria in a lower income area so it was fun to sell a few place mats, coasters, pot holders, zippered pouches and the favorite-microwave bowl covers:
2. Crazy Mom Quilts blog. I have followed Amanda Jean for years and just love how creative and sweet she is on her blog. She has written 2 books and has many followers. It's her down- to -earth approach to quilting that is so fun. Here is just one of her items I have added to my "wants" list.
I made many buckets last Christmas but I especially like the teeny tiny patchwork strip and the hand stitching on this one! So simple but a great impact. Amanda's blog link is:crazymomquilts.blogspot.com
3. Christmas Coasters. I had a panel in the stash with 12 Christmas squares so I trimmed them all down and made coasters:
I made 6 because I just sewed 2 together with scrap batting in the middle. So, they are reversible. I gave 3 to my daughter, but I kept the rest! I love the vintage look!
4. Outside Decorations. As I mentioned last month, I no longer have a camera so I'm doing the best I can with my Iphone. My daughter and son in law helped me shape a tree from a lighted garland on the front window:
I then covered a large shelf unit (that was on my back patio) in a red Christmas vinyl tablecloth and added wrapped presents for the top of the red box. Lots of rocks inserted in the shelf box and presents will keep the unit from blowing away....she said. I'm not sure how any rain might affect them. Since we only had a few rain sprinkles in the last 90 days, it's hard to predict. Total cost for this project= $12.00! Thank you, Michaels.
5. Store displays this time of year. I seem to be slowing down and smelling the cinnamon. Finally.
Designers and sale staff are so creative! I have always been so busy with work,etc this time of year that I rushed thru the process instead of appreciating their work. I hope you get to spend some time enjoying this season!
My Christmas indoors decorating is done and hopefully I will have decent photos next time. Now if I can just find time to bake a few items after gift wrapping, cleaning, cooking meals, doctor appointments, family visits.......oh my.
Please join us at Lee Anna's sight:Not Afraid of Color for more likes!
Thanks for dropping by and leaving your thoughts. Have a blessed day.