Monday, February 6, 2017

Lavender Sachets



I made these small sachets for Valentines gifts for friends and family. I made 7 in an afternoon! The instructions are on the site: sew4home.com.  This is a fun site with such a variety of projects. I filled my sachets with rice and lavender essential oil. My sachets were cut from left- over charm precuts.  Aren't they cute?

Since I didn't have a small gift box or bag to give one to my daughter who is so special, I made one. I had a pretty scrap of fabric (about 10x18) and trimmed it with pinking shears, cut off the selvage for a ribbon then folded it in half, sewed up the sides and attached the ribbon to the outside seam. Perfect.


This worked out so well, I'll use my scraps in the future to make some small gift bags!
I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment